Thursday, June 15, 2006

23 Week Appt Today

I had my 23 week OB appt this morning. The Dr. measured me with a tape measure for the first time. They take a measurement from the bottom of your pelvis to the top of your uterus (which is about 2 inches above your belly button at this stage). The measurement should be 1 cm for every week of pregnancy (+/- 3 cm). I measured 24 cm, so right on track. I heard the heart beat again on the doppler (a hand held "microphone" they put on your stomach.) It was 145 bpm, which is also normal. I am up another 2 lbs since the last appt (4weeks ago), so 6 pounds in total from where I started. I always ask him if I am gaining enough, because this is on the low side, and he said I am fine. He only gets concerned if the baby is not growing, or if you are putting on too much weight because that can lead to other complications. I also asked him about the vomiting coming back, and he said that it was rare, but normal. He said that it might be that I had less stomach capacity because the baby is getting bigger. Hopefully this will pass soon!

Next appt in in 3 weeks, where I will have the 1 hour glucose test. Appts will be every two weeks after that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay. It's really mean to mention that you've only gained 6 pounds thus far when one of your friends is a house!! :)
Love,
Mer