Friday, July 28, 2006

Back in Blogland

Well, we are back from our short trip to Bermuda. We left on Tuesday morning to help my brother Kevin celebrate his 40th birthday. Kevin and his family took a cruise there for a week and we flew down to meet them. A great time was had by all.

If you have never been, Bermuda is a very beautiful country and a nice place to visit. It is only an hour and a half plane ride from NY, so it is a nice quick getaway. The people there are all extremely gracious and friendly, and very, very proper. The island is spotlessly clean, and picturesque. We had great weather, and spent a lot of time relaxing at the pool and beach.

We even snuck in a short fishing trip this morning before we left. Of course, Adam was pulling in fish left and right, and I didn't catch any. I did manage to lose a lot of bait however, and even had a fish eat my hook. The fishing trip did give me a new way to describe Baby Schnell's current movement pattern to Adam. We saw a school of fish that were shaped like very small dolphins near our boat. They were jumping in and out if the water very erratically, but enthusiastically. I told him that is what the baby feels like right now. A very long, skinny fish flopping around in my stomach.

The only downside to Bermuda is that it is very expensive. We are used to NYC prices and considered it expensive, so it is that bad! But, in their defense, they have a very short tourist season, and most of their items need to be imported from other countries. We will definitely go back again.

In other news, congratulations to Cousin Judy on the birth of her first grandchild! Her grandson Jack was born on Tuesday, and I have heard that Erin and baby are doing well. I will miss her frequent commentary on the blog, as I am sure she will be very busy with her new grandson.

No comments: