Friday, August 18, 2006

32 Week Doctor's Appt

I had my bi-weekly doctor's appointment this morning, and everything is looking great.

  1. Weight is up 2 more pounds, for a total of 16 pounds
  2. Heart rate was 145 bpm
  3. Fundal Height was measuring 31.5 cm
  4. Blood pressure was fine (120/80) I think
  5. Urine tests are coming up fine (I think they are testing for protein, whatever that means)
  6. No swelling in my hands or feet.

I met another one of the doctors in the practice and she was very nice. Very chipper. It would be like Kara Macaluso (for those you know her) delivering the baby, except that the doctor is Korean. She gave me some suggestions on what to do with the nightime vomiting, which I will try. Mostly stuff I am already doing but I am willing to give it a shot. I am sure Adam would appreciate not being awakened every night to the sound of me retching in the bathroom and then coming in and telling him that I peed on the floor again. Gross, I know, but it is my blog and I can put whatever I want on here! This is my life, love it or leave it! He has started wearing his flip flops in the bathroom when he gets up at night which I find hysterical. And yes, I do wipe it up afterward.

She also said the most important thing for me to look out for now is movement of the baby. She said to assume a normal sleep/wake cycle for a newborn. She said I should be feeling movement every three to four hours. If I don't feel it, and I have eaten and drank something and still don't feel it I should give them a call. She said the majority of the time the baby is just sleeping more, but they need to know in case the baby is in distress. Which I find very distressing. But, I have nothing to worry about right now because this baby moves like a champ. Kind of like me in a movie theater. Constantly twitching and changing positions. It feels like I have a cat in me right now with the stretching and arching of the back. Definitely weird.

OK, that is all for now. It is 9pm and I am heading to bed. If you think that is early, Adam has already been sleeping on the couch for 15 minutes. Ahh, the exciting life and times in our household...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not a Dr. but I do not agree that if the baby does not move for a few hours it could be in distress. After all, the baby has to sleep & is getting bigger - therefore not as much room to move around either. Don't you get distressed about a few minutes (or hours) of not being punched & kicked.
CJ

Anonymous said...

I agree with Judy, they are giving you to much information, what are they trying to do panic you. Babies sometimes don't move for hours, they only like to move when you are trying to rest.I think toward the end they just stretch more, the jumping around that they did, was when they had all that room. As for when Adam is away Les and I are leaving Florida on the 2nd or 3rd of October and will be traveling in Vermont and Boston, we could easily turn the car around an head for the city.
Mom