A few of the things the book discusses:
- How do I know a babysitter is someone that won't harm my child?
- What should I ask child care professionals when I interview them?
- What is the best way to prepare my child for walking to school alone?
- How can my child be safer at school?
- What should I do if my child is lost in public?
- How can I teach my child about risk without causing too much fear?
- Other topics involving teenagers and keeping them safe from violence
A lot of the information is common sense, but I think it is an important read. I know I personally make a lot of the mistakes. I am about halfway through it, but am getting a lot of good tips from it. If someone wants to borrow mine when we are done with it, I would be happy to lend it out. But, it is only $13.00 and I recommend that you get a copy.