Saturday, February 17, 2007

Night Owl AND Early Bird?

Henry has been a little kooky since he had his shots on Thursday. He acted fine that day, but was really fussy all night. He must have spit his pacifer out 100 times, but then kept contorting himself to find it and I would have to retrieve it and give it back to him. I think I slept about an hour because he also kept smacking me in the face (yes, he is still in our bed. more on that later)

On Friday, he went down for a nap at 4pm. He woke at 5pm, ate and went back to sleep. He woke up every two hours to eat from then on, but always went back to sleep. When he was still sleeping at 10pm, I started to get nervous so I decided to go to bed in case he decided to pull something wacky. Of course as soon as I got in bed, he woke up. I quickly fed him and put him back to bed. He pretended to sleep until Adam came in, and promptly woke up at 10:30pm. He talked and flailed like a lunatic. Of course he had energy, he had just slept for six hours. I BEGGED Adam to take him and let me sleep for a little while. Adam wasn't too pleased because he is sick, but kept him up for another hour or so. He brought him back in and Henry basically pulled the same routine all night of flailing and smacking me. At 4am, he awoke like an alarm clock went off. He was not willing to go back to sleep despite all of the efforts I took. I tried to feed him, I ignored him, I gave him his pacifer another 100 times, I begged and I pleaded with him. I knew I was doomed since it was exactly 12 hours after he went down to sleep. This crazy baby thought it was morning and was raring to go. I finally gave up and brought him into the living room to play for an hour. Luckily he went back to sleep at 5am and slept until 7:30am. There is no way I can deal with him acting like a club kid for much longer!

No comments: