Saturday, June 02, 2007

Somebody, hold me!

Henry met his first "stranger" babysitter today. The time has come for us to find someone to watch Henry periodically. As much as I would like to stay home with him, I must venture out into the world for social engagements, lest people start talking about me and my mental stability.

We found Anna through a reference from one of our neighbors. She has been a full time nanny for them for 4 years. She came this morning with a book full of her references and credentials. She went to nanny school (who knew there was such a thing) and is a certified baby nurse. She was very good with Henry and he seemed to like her very much. She is coming for one more trial run before we need to leave him alone with her. I was happy he took to her, but frankly makes me so sad to leave my baby!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just the first of many gut-wrnching events of being a parent. Someday he will go off to school nad you will not be able to check on his hourly progress. Welcome to Motherhood. You will survive, and so will he.
CJ