Monday, February 25, 2008

Evil Genius

Henry has a little bit of the devil in him. He already knows how to push my buttons. On the advice of my sister, we don't have a lot of firm rules (and I am a pushover too which doesn't help). But my two rules are: No hitting and no banging (toys on the coffee table, it dents)

When Henry wants my attention the first thing he does is grab a toy and start banging on the nearest surface. When he doesn't get his way, he swings at me. If I am not close enough he will grab me and then hit me. Quite the little temper he has.

I have recently had to add a rule about the water cooler after one too many floods. Henry is no longer allowed to get his own drinks. I have even had to turn the water cooler around facing the wall. He was filling the sink of his play kitchen, filling his little cups, flooding the kitchen so he could mop etc etc. He now tries to get around this by trying to wrench the lid off of a sippy cup, stealing my glass or refusing cups with lids. Yesterday he wanted more water (for evil purposes) and I told him he still had some in his cup. He promptly dumped the cup onto my pants and then walked to the cooler.

I cannot believe he is only sixteen months old.

P.S. I also had to remove one of the stove knobs because he broke the safety cover on it. Today I found him with a package of outlet covers. He was carefully trying to shove it into the hole to replace the knob. Unbelievable.

No comments: