Monday, April 14, 2008

Mr. Daredevil

There is a reason why a baby has two parents. One to worry about them trying new things and the other to push them to do them. I'm sure you can gather that I am on the worrying team.

Henry was invited to a birthday party on Saturday for the son of one of Adam's coworkers. Anthony turned 4 and had his party at a place called Pump It Up. It has all sort of inflatable type toys like bounce houses, slides, obstacle courses etc.

When we got there and saw how high and steep the slide was I wasn't sure how much Henry would be able to participate. Adam decided to bring him down on his lap and I overheard the lady telling him that Henry had to go down the slide alone for safety reasons. The next thing I saw was Henry careening down this huge slide ALONE at a breakneck speed. He looked a little happy and alarmed at the same time. I grabbed him at the bottom, ready to console him. He looked at me, gave me a huge grin and said "Up!" He rode the slide alone about 20 more times, let us hurl him over walls of the obstacle courses and fling him down all sorts of crazy slides. He laughed all day and we had to drag him out of there. What a little nut I have on my hands.

No comments: