Monday, July 19, 2010

Temper Temper!

Molly has a nasty temper. If she does not get what she wants, she will hit you, pinch you, whatever. She can scream non-stop for an hour if you let her. No bribing, punishing, soothing, cajoling will stop her when she is on a tear. I don't know if I mentioned this earlier, but she once screamed for ninety straight minutes on an airplane. We thought she had a stomach ache but now my best guess is that she was just pissed off. You should hear her in the car.

We were driving home from the pool this afternoon and she was in a foul mood. Adam called on the cell phone and I passed the phone back to Henry. He spoke to him for a minute and then gave the phone to Molly. She didn't want to talk but she didn't want to give the phone back either. Mind you that Adam was still hanging on the line. I was shouting in the car "Just hang up! Molly has the phone!" She is as stubborn as a mule and as strong as an ox. Henry couldn't wrench the phone from her hands. I actually had to pull over and wrestle the phone from her. She then proceeded to scream "Daddy! Phone! Phone!" for the next fifteen minutes. Egads, I am it for it with this little girl.

No comments: