Monday, June 19, 2006

Getting Schooled About Babies!

I finally made the phone call today to register us for the Childbirth Education/ Lamaze class that my OB practice requires. I wish I made the phone call a month ago when he gave me the number. The class is five three-hour sessions. The first available slot starts in September! She said all of the over-achieving NYC parents sign up as soon as they get pregnant, that is why there are no slots this summer. Guess we are a little behind. Oh well, there goes Harvard! The baby better wait for his/her due date or we will be hopelessly ill-informed as the last class is on 10/3.

While signing up, I got to hear about all of the other great classes the hospital offers and got a little carried away. So, we are now signed up for: Baby Care & Feeding, Infant CPR, and Breastfeeding. All of the classes total 31 hours! If you can't find us during August and September, check the hospital because we will probably be there! I forgot to mention the 2 HOUR movie that features actual childbirth. I think we will be skipping the popcorn and Milk Duds for that one.

For all of the future babysitters out there...Baby Schnell would love and appreciate it if you signed up for an Infant CPR class as well! (Check your local library, Red Cross Chapter or hospital) It would be the best gift you could ever give him/her!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You and Adam should get another degree for all the credits you should have coming to you.
Mom