Friday, June 23, 2006

E for Effort?

Most pregancy books recommend that pregnant women sleep on their side after 20 weeks. This is because the weight of the uterus can compress a vein and an artery that run behind it. Not a ton of risk for the baby according to my doctor, more likely the I would pass out when I stood up.

Since I like to sleep on my back (I am now finding out how much!) I purchased a body pillow to help me stay on my side and be more comfortable. This pillow is about 5 feet long and a little more narrow than a regular pillow.

Every morning, Adam wakes up to find me sleeping flat on my back with the pillow on top of me. Not only is it on top of me, but I still have my arms and legs wrapped tightly around it! So, at least they can't say I am not trying!

P.S. Wouldn't you think my belly would act as some sort of anchor and keep me on my side? Apparently not! I can barely roll over when I am awake, I must have superhuman powers when I am sleeping!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Erin also bought a body pillow to help her sleep - Brian had one but she said he wouldn't share it with her.
Just be careful when you get up - and you get "A" for effort.
CJ

Anonymous said...

thank you vanessa dyer schnell for giving us the best laugh we have had all day long! what a picture you have painted - I am not going to read any others now bc i want to keep that image for the night.

p.s. have you named this pillow - its only right....