Monday, July 10, 2006

26 Week Appointment

This week I had the Glucose Tolerance Test (GTT), blood drawn to test my counts (not sure what they are counting, perhaps someone could tell me?), he listened to the heartbeat and measured my uterus. The tests came back fine, the heartrate was 150 ish and my uterus measured 27 centimeters. (It should be your number of weeks +/- 1 cm). He thinks I am up to 13 lbs gained, but my calculations are that I have gained 9 lbs so far. He was concerned that I had a 7 lb jump in 3 weeks. I think the discrepancy is that I normally weigh myself every morning, and this time I had an afternoon appt and was fully dressed.. I had just eaten lunch and drank two bottles of water, plus I had to drink the disgusting orange soda drink for the GTT. So, I think I will still be at +13lbs at my next appt as well. Adam thinks that I am eating more junk food (I am, I feel like I have been released from prison! And I have massive sugar cravings), but now I am back on the straight and narrow.

I now start having appointments every two weeks, and begin the rotation with the other 4 doctors in the practice. This is to get you used to everyone else, because you are not sure who will be on call when you deliver. So, hopefully I like them all.

I also had to register for the hospital, and decide whether I want a private or semi-private room. Being as frugal as I am, I opted for the semi-private room. But, Adam has indicated that he doesn't want to sleep over anyway, so I don't need the private room. See how spoiled the Tempurpedic mattress makes you? :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

GTT (glucose tolerance test) is to check your "sugar" levels - to see if you have developed gestational diabetes. Glad to hear all is OK.
CJ

Anonymous said...

Couldn't he just think that you would gain now because you weren't throwing up as much. That you could actually keep something in your system for once. I don't have high sugar and never have had it and I used to gain six pounds every month.

Mom

Anonymous said...

OK...This is definitely a lot more than the father of an upcoming bride needs to know !!!!!
But...I am very happy to hear that you at least will have something to wear at the big event on Saturday...Looking forward to seeing the "3" of you !!!!

Signed.."Father of The Bride" !!!!!