Thursday, August 10, 2006

Busy Week

Sorry that I have not posted this week, it has been EXTREMELY busy! In addition to working all week (from home on Monday and Tuesday because I have had a hard time sleeping at night and the extra hour helps. Do I have the greatest job or what?), we have had plans every night.

We had some friends stop by on Monday night, on Tuesday we had our infant CPR class and on Wednesday, we went to Breastfeeding class. After stopping for a quick dinner on the way home, we haven't gotten in until 11pm each night. Keeping those kind of hours makes me very tired!

But, both classes were extremely informative and I'm glad we attended. For those of you who have never taken an Infant CPR class, don't worry we plan on teaching you! You can't escape us! They taught us what to do if:
  1. The baby stops breathing
  2. Puts something in their mouth that they shouldn't have (not the finger sweep like everyone thinks!)
  3. If they are choking
  4. If they are having an allergic reaction to food.

At the second class, we also made contact with a Lactation Consultant who we can visit at the hospital or who with come to the apartment if Baby Schnell decides he/she doesn't want to eat. If we have to put the baby on formula because she gives us a hard time, it is coming right out of her college fund! Tough love right from the beginning!

Tomorrow, I am working a half day so that I can attend the Bris of Merri and Jesse's baby on Long Island who was born last Friday. After the party, I am meeting Adam on the Metro North train and we are heading to CT for the weekend. Ted and Keri and Chuck and Natalie (who all live in the same town) are hosting a reunion of sorts for some of Adam's best friends from his college fraternity. Tom and Paula are coming down from Boston with their 3 year old daughter and their 1 year old triplets. We haven't seen the triplets since they were about 4 months old, so we are very excited to see how they have grown and the havoc they are causing! Todd and Kris are flying up from Atlanta, and James is coming from Long Island. These guys have all remained such good friends, so it is nice that we can all get together. There is a dinner on Friday night (70's themed Fondue Party I have heard), a big breakfast on Saturday morning at Chuck's house, a pool party at Ted's that day, and a big barbeque at the beach that night. Should be fun. I hope I don't wake Chuck and Natalie's baby up when I get up to use the bathroom a hundred times a night!

Anyway, that is all that is going on for now. The baby is moving and flipping around like a crazy person. Last night during class, one of it's body parts (a toe or something) was sticking out of the space next to where my belly button has popped out. It scared the crap out of me, I though the baby was making it's escape!

No comments: