Monday, August 07, 2006

Sleepless in New York City

Last night was a strange evening. We went to bed early because we were tired from our day out on the boat. Adam falls asleep almost instantaneously, but it takes me a little longer even in a normal state. However, as I am getting bigger, I have a more difficult time. Add to the fact that I think I have "Restless Leg Syndrome" (no Heather, I am not just being a hypocondriac) and that adds up to a lot of tossing and turning. After dozing off, I would wake up about every 45 minutes to either go to the bathroom or get a drink of water or just because my legs were bothering me. If you have never had this feeling, it feels like you have bugs crawling inside your legs. The only way to stop it is to move around. So, there I am slapping at my legs like a crazy person, flipping from one side to another while holding that long crazy body pillow. Finally, I decide to get out of bed because I can't stand it anymore. I go to the kitchen to get a snack (Leftover dessert from Lynn's house and a snack sized bag of Lay's. Very healthy) and then go back into bed. I get back into bed and Adam (who talks in his sleep by the way) proceeds to tell me that he just had a dream that my body pillow was attacking him! I don't blame him because I toss it around so much and half the time I wake up and it is lying across his face. Poor boy, I'm surprised he can sleep at all.

No comments: