Wednesday, October 11, 2006

40 Week Doctor's Appt

Since I am officially at my "due date" tomorrow, I had to undergo some tests at the doctor's office today. In addition to the usual heart rate, weight, blood pressure and urine analysis, they hooked me up to a monitor to look for contraction activity (none) and monitor the baby's heart rate for accelerations and decelerations. They also did an ultrasound to check the level of amniotic fluid to make sure it wasn't too low. All tests came back great, my blood pressure is 100/70 and the baby has a ton of fluid left. He estimates the baby's weight will be about 7 1/2 pounds. I am still at the same effacement and station, but have dialated to 1 cm. Woo hoo. He did a fairly painful "membrane sweep" which can bring on labor. So far, nothing yet. I go back on Monday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just relax - looks like things are starting - and Baby Schnell will be here before you know it!
CJ

Anonymous said...

The girls said to have the baby at 12:01 am Saturday , so that its not born on Friday the 13th.

Syd, Reece & Ruby