Thursday, October 12, 2006

Welcome to Limbo-ville

Population: 2 1/2

So, we have officially hit the "Due Date," and it seems like it will pass with no actual delivery happening. That is fine, we want to baby to come when he or she is good and ready. But, this waiting around certainly puts a kink in your schedule. I have passed off all of my projects at work, so I have very little to do on that front. Of course, that offends my Puritan work ethic so it really bothers me. It is hard to make plans to do anything, because you are not sure if you will be able to go. I have a shower that I am invited to on Saturday. I would love to go, but can't even RSVP. There is a good chance that I could be in the hospital, and an equally good chance that I could still be sitting home on the couch! Do I want to risk my water breaking on a banquet chair (that would be a little funny) or Adam delivering the baby on the shoulder of the Long Island Expressway?

Now the next interesting thing is do we hope that the baby is born on Friday the 13th because the hospital will be less crowded? Who in their right mind would schedule an induction on that day?

Standing by...

Vanessa, Adam and Baby S

No comments: