Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Henry, how do I love thee?

Let me count the ways...

I love that you smile when I sing made up songs to you, and that you coo at us every morning. I love that you stick out your bottom lip to let me know you have had enough time in your bouncy chair. I love watching you in your little bathtub because you have so much fun. I love that you seem so big screaming your head off at home, but seem so tiny when we bring you out in the world. I love your chubby cheeks and legs, and that you kick of your socks within five minutes of putting them on. I love that you pee on the doctor's scale every visit, and poop just as I finish changing your diaper. I love that you protest a little bit when I let someone else hold you. I love that you refuse to be swaddled and sleep with your arms over your head. I love the sound you make when you are pretending to cry. It sounds like mwahhhh.

I love everything about you. If I ever doubted for one minute my mother's love for me, having you has made me realize what a silly thought that was. (Although love and driving her crazy are two different things.)

No comments: