Friday, January 26, 2007

Who stole my baby?

I am not sure if Henry has been drinking some turbo-charged milk the past few days, but boy are things changing around here!

Last night he rolled over for the first time. He had been practicing with Grandma Karen while we were at her house last week, and was very close. I was feeding him in bed last night and laid him on my legs to that I could get situated. He chose that moment to roll from his back to his belly and promptly took a face-plant into the comforter! I laid him on the bed, and he rolled from his back to his belly 4 more times. Luckily I was able to wake Adam so he could see the first roll with me. Very exciting!

Then, this morning, I was trying to get him down for a nap. He suddenly didn't seem that tired, so I laid him on the bed and started playing with him. I rolled him onto his belly once, and he didn't prop himself up on his elbows like he usually does. Within 30 seconds he had closed his eyes and put himself to sleep! He is not a tummy sleeper and usually needs to be rocked, so this was quite unusual.

Later today, I decided to try to lay him in his hammock while he was still awake, not just drowsy. I turned on his best friend the hair dryer and he was out like a light! He slept for 90 minutes which is a VERY long time for the little tiger.

To add further intrigue to all of this, he has now taken it upon himself to eat every three hours instead of his usual two. I cannot tell you how happy this makes me! Our world has just expanded by an hour!

He has also started to go to bed in the evenings a little earlier. He is going to bed around 7:30pm, sleeping for about 2 hours, eating, going right back to sleep for another two hours and waking again around 11:30pm. He then sleeps until around 2am, eats, and then wakes again around 5am. I know this does not sound all that fun, but believe me it is a huge improvement! In the past, he wouldn't go to bed until we did which made for a very long day!

Anyway, that's all for now. I will post recent pictures and a recap of our big trip to Florida soon.

No comments: