Thursday, April 19, 2007

The Great Communicator

Henry has started to communicate in ways other than crying.

He looks over at a toy that he wants to play with next and I move him over to it. Tuesday he looked at his Radio Flyer Rocket Ship which is for when he is much older. I have never seen him notice it before. I moved him next to it and he played with it intently for about 10 minutes.

If I am sitting near him on the floor he will put his little chubby hand on my lap and continue playing.

He gives me a funny look and starts jumping in his Exersaucer when it has worked its magical pooping charms.

He has started reaching for me when he wants to be held and hugging my neck when he doesn't want to be put down.

When his diaper is too wet during the night he kicks Adam in the back over and over until Adam gets up to change him!

Whenever I have a glass of water or he sees me pouring one his little mouth starts opening like a bird. If I don't give him some right away he starts lunging for the glass.

I thought I was crazy recently when I noticed him waving at the appropriate time. Yesterday at the doctor's office a nurse stopped to talk to him in his stroller. She waved at him and he waved back! She said right away, "he just waved at me!" I couldn't believe it.

Anyway, I need to start the sign language with him soon. I am using a website called www.mybabycantalk.com to get the signs. I was thinking of starting with Mommy, Daddy, Wet, Sleep, Eat, Drink, More, Done and Help.

No comments: