Wednesday, June 27, 2007

I missed my calling!

As a baby food chef of course! Henry officially eats better than I do. I make the majority of his baby food, and now that I am in the swing of it, it is really fun.

Periodically, I cook up a few organic vegetables and freeze them in ice cube trays. Most fruit I just keep frozen and defrost and puree it as needed. He gets custom flavored yogurt almost every morning. My personal favorite is mango blueberry.

We have recently added meat to the mix, and he has had chop meat and chicken so far. I made a big pot of stock yesterday with a whole, organic chicken, some carrots, celery, scallions and fresh thyme. I shredded the chicken and froze in little portions. I put the stock in ice cube trays and use it to moisten and flavor his little mixed dinners. He had chicken, potato and carrot today and we were both eating it, it was so good! He seems to be a very adventurous eater, he even likes tofu! Crazy little baby, I need to take advantage of this while I can.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HI VANESSA, ADAM, AND HENRY!!!!!!!!! JUST WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW THAT IF YOU NEED ANYTHING FOR NEXT WEEKEND -JUST LET ME KNOW. I CAN'T WAIT TO HOLD HENRY! HOPEFULLY HE LIKES ME SO YOU CAN TAKE A PICTURE OF US AND I CAN BE IN HIS BLOG!!!!!!!!!! NOW THAT'S COOL! TAKE CARE, JEANNINE