Saturday, May 31, 2008

How to Tell...

that you are pregnant and living with a toddler?

I am not a morning person by any stretch of the imagination. Henry has recently started getting up at 6am so I have had to adjust. This morning as he was happily bounding about, hollering for his milk and peering into my half closed eyes chirping "Hi!"

Adam was making even more discouraging signs of getting up so I decided to be nice to him and get out of bed. I was wondering what the heck I was going to do with Henry until my Adam woke up and polite society was out and about.

I suddenly got a craving for donuts (a definite sign that you are pregnant ) and decided to go to the farmer's market in Inwood where they have the most delicious hot apple cider donuts. So there we were, Henry and I, boarding a bus at 6:45 am to get fresh eggs and strawberries for breakfast and of course a few donuts for me. Of course my fresh little son refused his donut and only wanted to eat the berries. Clearly Adam's genes have won out there.

If you want to know my special trick for eating donuts, here it is. Buy an unusual number of donuts so that your husband has no idea how many you have already eaten. For example, if there are three people, buy five donuts. You can eat two on the way home undetected.

No comments: