Monday, July 14, 2008

This kid cracks me up

We go to the pool most mornings and I have gotten Henry into the bad habit of expecting a drink from the machine in the locker room. Most of the time it is bottled water, sometimes a Snapple iced tea for thirsty preggo mom.

I discovered last week that the machine didn't take dollars, only change. I told Henry that we couldn't get a drink because I didn't have enough change. I looked down at him and he immediately started digging his hands into his little pockets. I couldn't figure out what he was doing and then it dawned on me. I asked "Henry, are you looking in your pockets for change?" He got a big smile on his face and said "Yeah!"

When we got home he found two quarters on our foyer table and stuffed them into his pocket. I guess he wants to be more prepared for the next time

No comments: