Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!


Here is a cute picture from Halloweeen that I thought you might enjoy. Henry was a NY Jet (for the second year in a row). We didn't do this because he is such a fan, but because it is an easy costume that is very similar to real clothing. I am always amazed at the young children that will wear elaborate costumes with things going on their heads. Not my little guy, he certainly has always made is preferences known!
Hope you all have an exciting day planned; we are going to my brother's house. They are great cooks that are sure to plan a very traditional meal. In general, Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday and I love knowing what to expect. I am especially looking forward to the mashed potatoes with gravy and stuffing. Henry is looking forward to the pie I think. Adam brought home a small blueberry pie last night and Henry was running around, his face covered with purple and whipped cream yelling "More pie!" I think that is a ringing endorsement.
We went to see the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade balloons being blown up last night which was fun. Henry seemed to enjoy it, I will post some pictures later. OK, off to cook our contributions for the meal (sweet potato casserole with pecan streusel, corn pudding and shrimp cocktail.) Hope everyone has a great day!

No comments: