Monday, March 30, 2009

Earning His Stripes

Henry has caught some sort of stomach bug. We were on the way home from the circus on Saturday and were just nearing our subway stop when he got a peculiar look on his face and then proceeded to vomit all over himself, the seat, the floor and Adam.

Adam rushed him off and ran him up to our apartment. Henry was in hysterics, crying that he needed a bath. We got him cleaned up and into bed. Over the next day and a half, he proceeded to vomit a few more times. Each time, he would start screaming "Daddy I need a bath!" Never Mommy, not once. Even in the middle of the night (twice), he woke screaming for Adam. Normally I might be a teensy bit offended that he wasn't calling for me, but not in this case! Adam was making fun of me that I never seemed to be nearby when disaster struck. Apparently he doesn't know about my vomit radar.

No comments: