Monday, March 09, 2009

How sweet it is to be loved by Henry

Henry adores Molly. I would love to say the feeling is mutual, but she is definitely coming around. She isn't terrified of him anymore, so I guess that is an improvement. She is even starting to smile at him a bit instead of quivering in fear.

Every morning when he wakes up, he walks into our room and says "He-row Baby Molly. Henry waked." He then goes over and gives her a kiss good morning. During the remainder of the day he narrates his activities for her. "Baby Molly...Henry eating breakpup (breakfast)." "Baby Molly...Henry watching WaPets (Wonderpets)." And on and on. I don't know if he really understands that she doesn't understand, but it is sweet nonetheless.

For some reason, he seems to believe that she whispers in my ear. She can't talk, yet she tells me things. It is quite hilarious. I narrate things that I want him to do, pretending Molly is saying it.

Overall, he is quite gentle with her and luckily has never tried to pick her up. He does constantly steal the socks off of her feet and the toy off of her lap.

No comments: