Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Happy Birthday Molly!




Dear Molly,

You turned one year old today. I can't believe a year has passed since your birth. You are just a little baby in my mind. One year ago ago we didn't even know if you were a boy or a girl, what you looked like or what your name would be. Yet now I cannot imagine our life without you in it.

Your sweet disposition, sense of fun and mischievous nature has brought such happiness to our home. We already knew that we loved being parents, but the big surprise is how much Henry loves being a brother. He tortures you all day yet he follows you around like a puppy. He yells at you for touching his toys yet as soon as you crawl away to something else he is begging you to come back. He is always trying to kiss and hug you despite your protests. The two of you are very close, you are like the little Dynamic Duo.

You are so easy to love. You ask for so little from us, you only want to be included. You reward me with so many beautiful smiles and belly laughs every day. You are very verbal for your age, I am surprised every day by new words you say. Yesterday you said "Skittle" while we were making gingerbread houses. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, how else would you let me know you wanted one?

Every day reveals a new and more wonderful layer of your personality. Although I am sad that you are growing up so fast, I love seeing who you are and what kind of person you will be. I love being your mom and am so glad to have you as my daughter.

Happy Birthday sweet girl!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice photos...how 'bout some credit to the photographer?