Monday, July 05, 2010

So Sweet.

When I was a kid, my mom played this game where she would bounce us on her knees. It started off really slowly "And this is how the ladies ride." It got a little faster "And this is how the gentleman ride." And then you got bounced like crazy with "And this is how the cowboys ride!"

My mom taught it to the kids and they both love it. Of course because she doesn't live in our apartment I am the primary knee bouncer. Molly is always asking me to do it. She climbs on my legs and shouts "Cowboy!" and if I pretend not to understand her she yells "Bounce Bounce" while jumping wildly on my kneecaps.

Molly was screaming about something or another last night so my little peacemaker Henry offered to bounce her to cheer her up. Now normally, Molly refuses to do anything that Henry asks her just to bust his chops. "Molly, can you give me a kiss?" "NO!!!" But for some reason, she was feeling nice and agreed.

He sat down on the floor with his legs straight out (so this is never going to work) and she sat on his lap facing him. She wrapped her chubby little arms around his neck and I could see his face light up. He bounced her about a millimeter up in the air and they were both happy. I overheard him saying "Oh Molly, I just love you so much."

He walked over to me and was so proud. He said "Oh Mommy, did you see? She wrapped her arms around my neck and hugged me!" It was just so cute I damn near welled up with tears. As much as I want to strangle him half the day for all of the naughty things he does, he is just so incredibly sweet and loves Molly so much.

No comments: