Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Chatty Cathy

At 20 months, Molly is quite the little chatterbox. I can understand what she wants the majority of the time and if I can't, Henry interprets. I could not even guess how many words she has, she knows: names, animals, colors, numbers, fruits, vegetables and tons of other nouns like airplane, elevator, button etc. She asks questions like "Who that?" and "Happened?" for "What Happened?" She can say "Hold me", "Kiss it", "I love you". She repeats almost everything we say. She can sing "Twinkle Twinkle" "Monkeys on the Bed" and "Itsy Bitsy Spider" well enough that you know what she is singing. She reads certain books out loud to herself. She can even repeat certain things that Henry has taught her in multi-word sentences like "Bear chasing me. Bite my shirt. Scary!"

It is just amazing the vocabulary she has at this point and it is so fun to hear what she has to say.

No comments: