Wednesday, July 19, 2006

What's New in Baby Schnell's World

Hmm, haven't posted anything in a while, so this will just be a general recap of recent events.

  1. Kerri's wedding was beautiful. Unfortunately, she had a mild case of the flu so she wasn't feeling as well as she might have hoped on her big day. But, all in attendance had a great time.
  2. The dress fit with some minor (ok major) alterations from Kerri's new sister in law Gina. This girl is like McGuyver! She took one look at my dress, demanded that I take it off, turn it inside out, and she started sewing with it on me! Who knew alterations could be done like this? She made it fit much tighter on top and I didn't have to wear that hideous torture device known as the strapless bra. Whew! I never would have made it in that thing whose band size is now 2 inches too small due to my ever growing ribcage.
  3. Baby Schnell LOVES shrimp cocktail. Especially the big, fancy shrimp with extra spicy cocktail sauce that Kerri and Mike were so generous to provide! We went on line twice for that!
  4. Baby Schnell also has a huge sweet tooth! Not only was I forced to eat two pieces of cake (very delicious by the way), but I also ate a good amount of the mini pastries that they put on each table. I did this while everyone was otherwise occupied to make sure I got a prime selection (shameless I know). When those were gone, someone had the brilliant idea to hit the table next to us, who had already gone home (the wedding ended at 1am). I ate their Napoleons too. How I passed my Gestational Diabetes test, I do not know.
  5. Adam thinks I have a mental block against going on the boat. Mysteriously, I start dry heaving whenever it is time for us to leave. There may be something to that theory! However, in my defense, he clearly likes to stay out too long and he is much more tolerant of the boat rocking and heat than I am. Also, he leaves at 6am most of the time. Not my idea of fun. But, hopefully the baby has a stronger stomach than I do or Adam is going to be a lonely man! (Or the ugly alternative, boat-less).
  6. Due to the occupations of the original owners of my maternity clothing (nurse, teacher, stay at home mom), I leave for work most days looking like I am attending a clam bake.
  7. I have read that the baby develops taste buds in the third trimester. Certain theories state that they can develop an affinity for foods eaten during that time. I am trying to work this to my advantage by eating lots of vegetables and spicy food. The baby has sampled Vietnamese and Thai food recently. The spicy noodles made her go wild that afternoon!
  8. I went to Baby's R Us without Adam last night. Should have done that in the first place! Those scanners are very dangerous!

Anyway, that is all for now. I have a doctor's appointment on Friday, I will post after that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vanessa you don't have to wear all the clothes that everyone has given you, you can go buy some work clothes, a few things that go with many things. You do have some time left to get some good use out of the things you would buy.Remember you were the one sending newly hired people home because they were not dressed right for business
Mom

Anonymous said...

I've missed your writing and keeping us all up to date. Glad you had a good time at the wedding - and the dress looked good from the back - you never sent us a picture from the front.
CJ

Vanessa said...

I have bought a few things, but they don't add up to many ensembles. I need to dip into the box for variety. Don't worry mother, it is summer and lots of people were always less dressed up than me anyway. Besides, it is bad form to fire a pregnant girl :)
Besides, most of the clothing in the store is VERY casual, even in the wear to work sections.