Saturday, February 02, 2008

Hmmm, I wonder what happened here?

Flashback to yesterday. I was standing at the kitchen sink and my little angel Henry walks over to the open dishwasher and puts a toy knife in the silverware compartment. I was beaming. So smart, so sweet, so helpful. What a gooooood boy I have.

Flashforward to this morning. I open the dishwasher to unload it and I see a strange green liquid dried all over the inside. I look at my new rubbermaid and it is covered with this strange army green residue. I pick one of the pieces up and I can scrape at it with my fingernail.

I call Adam over to investigate and he looks down into the silverware tray. What does he find? A shredded crayon wrapper. My little angel put a green crayon in the silverware section and I missed it. It melted into the water and sprayed all over the dishes. The rubbermaid is now permanently tinted green.

No comments: