Wednesday, August 12, 2009

A Sign of My Sad Social Life

Adam has been travelling a lot for work lately so I have been holding down the fort solo quite a bit. Needless to say, I am pretty tired from the 24x7 shenanigans of the Dynamic Duo.

I had some sort of infected gum that I needed to go to the dentist for on Monday. He referred me to an oral surgeon to look at a weird bump on my lip. Adam was flying home this afternoon so I scheduled the appointment for 4pm today.

How sad is it that I was actually EXCITED to go to the oral surgeon? Not even the threat of mouth cancer (I kid) could dampen my spirits of getting out of Dodge. Alone. I left a full hour early despite the fact that it would take me 30 minutes tops. I was practically giddy packing my reading material for the subway and the waiting room. Uninterupted reading time? Walking somewhere without a small child strapped to my chest in the ninety degree heat? Bliss!

Not to worry, I am fine. Even though I have 5 stiches in my mouth, the very kind surgeon was good enough to give me a little shot of valium to knock me out when he removed the bump. Best sleep I have had in weeks!

Clearly I need to get out more!

No comments: