Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman

Henry and Molly are trying to give me a heart attack recently. Here is a quick summary of their recent maladies. This does not include the head injuries or bloody knees that Henry incurs almost daily.

Henry spiked a high fever and blurted out that his neck hurt. Since I have my Google-MD I of course know that is a big sign of meningitis. I called the pediatrician and she gave me a few quick tests to do with him. Of course he failed them and I had to whisk him to her office, possibly to be admitted to the hospital. He was fine but he shaved at least a year off my life.

Molly spiked a high fever in the middle of the night and had what they think was a febrile seizure. She too is fine, just a bout of Roseola

Fast forward two weeks later and now she has Hand, Foot and Mouth virus. Henry has a mild case too.

Fun times.

No comments: